Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ho, Ho, N-Ho Way!

Here's the obligatory Santa photo taken at the Bass Pro Shops (hey -- it's free!). Jayce and Alyssa had been waiting for this moment for months, calculating their lists. As I overheard their requests, I knew "Santa" had it covered. Whew!



"Where's the baby?" you may ask. Well, as the kids approached Santa, my germaphobic tendencies appeared. I couldn't let my baby sit on that lap! I saw too many kids before us sniffling and coughing as they draped themselves on Saint Nick. I just found comfort in Ty resting in his cocoon of a car seat, protected from the elements. We do have a ward party coming up, so maybe I'll be brave then.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great picture! :) Rebekah did better last year at the mall than she did this year at the Ward Chirstmas party - she's in a phase where men make her cry, even her Uncle Jared!

KB said...

What little sweethearts you have! Glad it was successful. :-)

Kayelynn said...

Darling picture! Santa is one smart guy keeping up with those lists!

At our ward party, both boys steered clear of the whole Santa line. I think Justin thought Santa would "catch" him and put him on the naughty list. In his mind, it's better to avoid him all together...better to be safe than sorry on Christmas morning. Silly boy! Ty didn't really care either way, so we went home. :)

Jessica said...

That's a perfect picture! And I don't blame you about Ty at all. The girls have been on Santa's lap at DisneyLand and church. Both times I just kept Nathan with me. Why traumatize both Nathan and Santa? :)

Marilyn said...

I never liked sitting on Santa's lap much---I can remember that! But the kids look happy. And I'm sure Ty is better off in his cocoon. :)

You were at the one game we had to miss!! The seats are still in Portal H, but we had a dinner with Sam's family that night. Sounds like it was an awesome game---91 to 30 or something? Wow! We'll be watching the bowl tonight and hoping your good Vegas vibes can pull us to a win. :)